- Powerful relief that lasts up to 12 hours
- The First and Only FDA-Approved OTC Pain Relieving Patch
For temporary relief of pain due to arthritis & joint pain.
- Clinically proven for mild to MODERATE pain relief
Other OTC pain relievers are labeled only for minor aches and pains
Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Patch - DISCONTINUED
The First and Only FDA-Approved OTC Pain Relieving Patch
Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Patch is the only OTC pain reliever patch labeled to relieve mild to tougher, moderate pain. Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Patch provides effective pain relief for up to 12 hours. Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Patch also provide a welcome alternative for pain sufferers including those who prefer to avoid the use of oral OTC pain relief medication labeled for only minor aches and pains. Unlike an oral medication, the active ingredients in Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Patch is absorbed through the skin and go directly to the pain site.
Number of Patches: 5 Count
Patch Size: 2 ¾" x 3 15/16" (7cm x 10cm)
- Menthol 3% (Topical analgesic)
- Methyl salicylate 10% (NSAID*) (Topical analgesic)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Temporarily relieves mild to moderate aches & pains of muscles & joints associated with:
- Simple backache
For external use only
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older.
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems.
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug.
- Take other drugs containing an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others).
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- Take more or for a longer time than directed.
Do not use:
- On the face or rashes.
- On wounds or damaged skin.
- If allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- With a heating pad.
- When sweating (such as from exercise or heat).
- Any patch from a pouch that has been open for 14 or more days.
- Right before or after heart surgery.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- You are allergic to topical products.
- The stomach bleeding warning applies to you.
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, or kidney disease.
- You are taking a diuretic.
When using this product:
- Wash hands after applying or removing patch. Avoid contact with eyes. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- The risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- Rash, itching or skin irritation develops:
- Condition worsens.
- Symptoms last for more than 3 days.
- Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
Ask a doctor before use while breast-feeding and during the first 6 months of pregnancy. Do not use during the last 3 months of pregnancy because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
If put in mouth, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Package not child resistant.
Adults 18 years and older:
- Clean and dry affected area.
- Remove patch from backing film and apply to skin (see illustration).
- Apply one patch to the affected area and leave in place for up to 8 to 12 hours.
- If pain lasts after using the first patch, a second patch may be applied for up to another 8 to 12 hours.
- Only use one patch at a time.
- Do not use more than 2 patches per day.
- Do not use for more than 3 days in a row.
Children under 18 years of age:
Do not use
- Some individuals may not experience pain relief until several hours after applying the patch.
- Avoid storing product in direct sunlight.
- Protect product from excessive moisture.
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Alicyclic Saturated Hydrocarbon Resin, Backing Cloth, Film, Mineral Oil, Polyisobutylene, Polyisobutylene 1,200,000, Styrene-Isoprene-Styrene Block Copolymer, Synthetic Aluminum Silicate.